So, I have to confess that I like to wait several days between hair washes (it’s good for your hair, right?). The thing that saves me at end of that time is doing a hair mask!
The how-to for my go-to hair mask is below! I use some common things you’d have in your house already.
The ingredients are:
- Plain Yogurt – for cleaning and growth
- Egg yolk – for moisure and growth
- Apple Cider Vinegar – for shine and softness
- Organic Coconut Oil – for softeness, shine, scalp health, and split ends
- Castor Oil – for growth
- Jojoba Oil – for scalp flakiness and hair loss/thinning
- Clarifying Shampoo – for removing buildup
- Lavender & Peppermint Essential Oils – for circulation and growth
You’ll also need:
- Utensils (for mixing)
- Hair brush
- Paper Towel
- Mixing bowl
I’d also suggest you wear a t-shirt or top that you don’t mind getting dirty!
Now for the step by step:
- Brush your hair
- Mix together a dallop/small of each ingredient (play around with customizing!)
- Separate your hair into sections and apply from scalp to ends
- Massage any extra mask into your scalp
- Either put your hair in a bun or wrap your hair in plastic wrap and let it soak for a few hours
- Shower time! Be sure to shampoo twice and then condition as normal
Check out the full tutorial:
Seriously, this mask makes my hair SO soft! I can’t stop touching it once it’s dried and styled.
Try this out and let me know what you think!